The Technic launcher is an optional alternative Minecraft launcher that can be used to install and run Pixelmon Generations. A version of Generations for 1.12.2 can currently be downloaded from the Pixelmon Generations technic pack.
Installation and Setup
- Download the Technic launcher here.
- Once the download is completed, run the downloaded executable file to install the Technic launcher.
- When the installation finishes, the Technic launcher will start automatically. A shortcut can be placed onto the Desktop for further use from the installation file.
- Enter in your Minecraft account details to log into your account.
- In the top left corner, type into the search bar "Pixelmon Generations Official" here is the actual Modpack.
- Once you find the Generations modpack, select in the bottom right corner "Install". It should then start downloading the required librairies and mod to play Pixelmon on 1.12.2. This may take a few minutes.
- On the top right corner, click on "Launcher Options", then "Java".
- In the Java version drop-down, ensure that a 64-bit Java version is selected. In the Memory drop-down, make sure that at least 2GB of RAM have been assigned. If you are having issues with this, please refer to our Troubleshooting section below.
- Once the downloading is finished, the install option will be replaced with a play option. Pressing this button will launch Minecraft.