How to Start
It's your first time playing Pixelmon? You want to start but don't know how?
- Follow this short guide to understand what to do and enjoy the best Pixelmon experience!
If you have any other questions join our official Discord, ask experienced players or our staff about your doubts!
Find a good seed
- Starting in a beautiful seed is the first step to enjoy the mod in its fullest.
- Here are some suggestions by the Pixelmon team:
|Default||Biomes o' plenty|
Locate a Town
- Use Up and Down arrow keys to select the Pokémon in your party.
Press R key to send out your pokémon, if the pokéball lands on a NPC Trainer, a wild Pokémon or on another Player you will be engaged in a battle.
If you didn't spawn near one, look for a Town!
You will find a PokeCenter and a PokeMart in every village: Heal your starter, buy first necessities and get the some pokéballs from their loot crates!
Try to catch your first pokémon with the Balls you just got!
Get first materials
- The first day will be similar to a normal Minecraft experience: Get wood, mine and try to find as much iron and diamonds as possible!
Any mineral you find will be useful in one way or another, collect all of them!
- Your starting aim will be to craft a pair of Old Running Boots.
- After setting your base in the Town, leave a Waypoint/write down the coordinates and Start the exploration!
Pixelmon Generations adds dozens of structures, plants, pokéloots and a total of over 1.000 pokémon forms in your worlds! Will you be able to find 'em all?
There is even a complete new dimension, the Ultra Space with 9 whole new biomes and boosted rare spawns!
- Once ready, return to your base and plant all the Apricorns you found!
The Apricorn Trees don't need any particular care to grow, just light and space. They will reach the harvestable state in 4/5 minutes!
When a fruit is visible on top of the Tree, you will be able to harvest it with a right-click, the plant will immediately start regrowing a new one!
- Note: Apricorn Trees are limited to a max of 32 per chunk to avoid lag issues.
Craft your first Pokéball
To craft a Pokéball you will need:
- Apricorns (any colour)
- Iron Ores or, in alternative, Bauxite Ores
- Some Cobblestone blocks
- Any type of Hammer
- A Pixelmon Anvil
- A Furnace
- The first step of crafting any ball is smelting Apricorns, Iron, Bauxite and Cobblestone in a Furnace.
- Before being able to craft the ball, you will have to trasform its parts one more time:
- Craft a Pixelmon Anvil and an Hammer
- Place down the Anvil and right-click it with a /disc to put it on the hammering platform
- Start hammering the disc by holding left-click with an Hammer in the hand
- After some seconds the disc will be completely tranformed into a Lid/Base and automatically retrieved in your inventory
- Note: This process can be automated by the use of a Mechanical Anvil.
- At last, by crafting the Iron Base/Aluminum Base, Ball Lid andStone Button togheter you will be able to make a ball!
- Now you are ready to leave the Town and start your adventure!
Bonus - Pokédollars
- Pokédollars are the main currency within Pixelmon, it is possible to check your current balance by opening your inventory.
The bottom-left side of the player's inventory has a section dedicated to Pokédollars. It is visually limited to a max of 999.999 for space requirements.
Pokédollars are mainly used to trade with Shopkeepers. It is possible to obtain Pokédollars in many different ways, some examples are:
- - Defeating NPC Trainers
- - Selling pixelmon stuff to Shopkeepers
- - Using money-related moves and items (ex: Pay Day, Amulet Coin, ...)
Tips & Tricks
- Found an item and don't know what it is? Open your inventory, hover over it and click Shift key to learn what it does!
- If you choose to play in Normal/Hard difficulty, you can get food by farming or defeating wild pokémon!
- Stay away from Boss and Totem pokémon! They are really hard to beat at the start!
- Many Minecraft and Pixelmon structures have loot inside, explore them thoroughly!
- Found something new and don't know what's it for? Try to right-click it! Everything has an use in Pixelmon!
- Join our official Discord and ask experienced players about your doubts, the community is always happy to help!